I’ve mentioned this before but I’ve made an effort to reinvigorate my yoga practice. And by reinvigorate, I mean restart, because since early last summer, I’ve been “all spin. all the time”. So I know you’re supposed to stay present in yoga, but frankly, I have to let my mind wander just to distract myself from how much pain I’m in. And while I let my mind wander, here are some of things that cross my mind:
1. I really hope we start off laying down
2. Wow. I really need a pedicure. When did my feet start looking like that?!
3. Unngghhh. Damn pushups… Is it too soon to be in child’s pose?
4. ooooh, that twist feels good
5. ouch ouch ouch
6. When did I lose all my flexibility?!
7. Why did I buy a polka-dot mat? Its making me dizzy
8. Oooh, that’s a pretty tattoo. Should I get another foot tattoo? Is that stupid? What would I get?
9. ahhhhh savasana….
10. What do you mean wiggle your fingers? Can’t I just lay here a little longer?
I’m not gonna lie, these first few classes back have been rough: I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck because my muscles are so sore, but I always sleep so soundly after a class! I’m really looking forward to building strength as I continue this practice this year– I’d LOVE to be able to do a handstand going into 2017!! Will I make it? I’ll keep you posted!
This post first appeared at Bombay Taxi on March 16th, 2016.