I recently came across a quote that read, “Coffee keeps me busy until happy hour.” It made me laugh and then realize that a lot of times throughout my day, I idolize and can’t wait until work is done because I get to see my friends at happy hour. Happy hour doesn’t just mean drinks, drinks and more drinks. To me, it means catching up with friends, a purposeful time to relax and unwind and lastly, yes, good drinks (and good food). Luckily, Cleveland has some pretty amazing happy hours! If you’re visiting CLE anytime soon or live here and just want to check out a new place with your girlfriends, I highly recommend visiting the below best happy hours in Cleveland!
Five of the Best Happy Hours in Cleveland
- Whole Foods 5 after 5 continues to be my favorite happy hour. For $5 dollars from 5-7 PM every Friday, you get a wine glass, five vino and food tastings that are themed differently each week, and an opportunity to catch up with your friends, family and neighbors. If you bring your glass back the next Friday, it’s only $4! You won’t find a better deal anywhere. I always hesitate to tell folks about this one because I don’t want it to get too busy and crowded…so you’re welcome. Take your entire family here…even kids!
- Pier W’s happy hour is from 4-7 PM Monday-Friday and it will make you feel FANCY. (They may also have weekend happy hour deals but I’ve never been on Saturday or Sunday and I couldn’t find it on their website.) This lakefront, upscale restaurant is typically too pricey for me, but Pier W’s happy hour allows me to taste their delicious dishes at a fraction of the price. Get there early because the bar area where happy hour is served is relatively tiny and you don’t want to miss out on their lobster bisque and beef short rib pierogies! P.S. Pier W has one of the most beautiful views of downtown CLE. Go there now to beat the winter blues but return when it’s sunny and warm to sit on their patio. Take someone you are trying to impress here!
- Do you like sushi? Head to Wasabi’s happy hour from 4:30-6 PM Monday-Thursday! You can get half off their regular Maki rolls and $2 off all their bar drinks. Fun story: My friend Rachel and I used to have a routine where we would promptly leave work on Wednesdays, head to Wasabi’s happy hour, and then go to our church’s bible study at 7. Oops. We would each get two rolls, a glass (or 2) of wine, and our bills would only be $10-$11. It’s a good deal! Take your best friend here.
- I would be remiss not to mention Barrio’s happy hour in this post since besides Whole Foods, this is the happy hour I frequent most. On Monday-Friday from 4-7 PM (in the bar area only), you can get half off margaritas and $2 tacos. That means you could engorge yourself on 2-3 delicious *customized to your liking* tacos and sip your troubles away with some tequila&lime for a final bill of about $10. Take a date here!
- One of my new found favorites is Prosperity Social Club’s happy hour! From 4-7 PM Monday-Thursday (and 4-6 PM on Friday), you can enjoy this laid-back and friendly atmosphere with a $4.5 house-made (delicious & large) sangria and $5 spicy veggie empanada in your hands. Take your parents here!
No matter if you’re exploring CLE for the first time or if you’re a life-long resident, checking out local happy hours is a great way to catch up with friends, try new restaurants for the right price, and liven up your evening.
Question for you: What’s your favorite Cleveland happy hour?